BOLTBY BASH ENDURO 2021 FINAL RIDER INSTRUCTIONS
This is an important Riders Brief for Boltby Bash participants as well as those attending the event in the current restricted guidelines. Advice has been sourced from British Cycling Current Guidelines for cycling events and general Government Guidelines.
1.Registration Friday & Saturday
- Registration from Friday 1700 and through Saturday from 0800
- Late riders can book in on Sunday at 0700
- Start times will have been allocated by an SI Entries email the week before (check your emails and respond please) allows for riding with mates.
- Fastest on course 2 hrs, slowest 4 hrs plus (Distance 15 miles 850m Climb)
- Carry your Map and Programme issued at registration throughout the course (have a good read before)
- Sunday Race Times: Enduro 0930. (Waves of 25 riders every ten minutes) Last wave 1350
- Sportive 0900 (start All)
- Observe distancing and all Covid awareness instructions at all times
2.Practice Day Saturday
- Practice day Saturday 0800 course closes 1800 (must display number board to practice)
- All stages are open for practice follow course map as per race day stages 1-2-3-4-5 unless doing a short practice then turn left at Boltby and do 2-3-4-5
- Follow all instruction signs and ride 1m apart and single file on roads (avoid any grouping)
- At Stage Start promptly at 15 second intervals or queues will backup riders
- No stopping on the stages and clear the finish quickly
- No water stop on practice day please carry your own
3.Race Day Sunday
- 1.Proceed to registration immediately to start gates for the race briefi
- 2.Ensure you activate your chip by riding past the transponder at the start
- 3.Sportive (All start) 0900 Dab your transponder at the start and finish only no requirement to go through start and finish gates at stages
- 4.Stay single file and 1m apart for the first mile through Boltby (be aware of other road users)
- 5.Starting at stages! Start is self-regulated 15 seconds intervals ideal, (watch starter clock). If you know the rider in front is fast then start. Start from stationary 2m from the start gate (no fast starts as your transponder will not activate).
- 6.If you come across a fallen rider who needs assistance, then let the nearest Marshall or Medic know. You can then repeat your stage run
- 7.Water stops at the bottom of stage 3
- 8.Event Finish is at the bottom of stage 5 All riders
- 9.Please ride back carefully to the Event HQ on the road 1m apart and close to the left on narrow roads
- 10.Hand in Chip at registration (do not form groups please)
4.After the Event
- There is no Prizegiving, prizes-vouchers will be sent by post
- You can download your result on your mobile through your SIEntries
- Follow the signs to exit the Event Field and adhere to the traffic direction signs at the Field Exit. Caution with riders and event traffic please.
- Congratulations and see you next year for a Covid free event hopefully.
5.Camping and Event Site
- Competitors are welcome to arrive at the Event Field from 1200 Friday follow signs from Thirlby to YO7 2DG to avoid congestion. (be patient on narrow roads)
- Go to your camping area as directed by the staff at the entrance gate Motorhomes and camper buses go to lower field Zone B
- Select your pitch conservatively but 6ft apart
- Bring your own water (limited supply on site)
- Food and drinks available on Friday through to event finish (no gathering at cafes please)
- Information board and maps are at the registration and in programmes that are issued to all riders
- Spectators avoid grouping in any locations
- Event Site Gate locked at midnight; Staff on site or ring 07889 751781
- Pre-event symptom check – Government Directive
All participants, officials, volunteers and spectators must carry out a self-assessment for any COVID-19 symptoms. No-one should leave home to participate in sport or officiate if they, or someone they live with, has any of the following:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
If you display any of these symptoms, you must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation.
This is not an exhaustive list; If we have missed anything out, go to the Bash website, or SI Entries. On site ask at registration or speak to the Officials wearing the distinctive yellow bibs.
Thanks for your patience during these difficult times!
Looking forward to a great weekend we hope you enjoy yourselves.
The Bash Team