Event Format - Please Read Carefully Before Entering
The Boltby Bash Enduro is an all inclusive Enduro event which is designed to please gravity and MTB enthusiasts.
There are 5 timed gravity stages on private land, which had never been open to the public until last year’s event, with transitions across the idyllic North York Moors. You can enter in teams of up to 4 people or go solo and compete against the other bonkers Boltby Bashers! E Bikes can enter both the Enduro and Sportive!
The same course also hosts the Boltby Bash Sportive, this is a non-competitive loop, but you can still compare times with your mates. The same applies here, you can buddy up or be a lone wolf.
There is now a category for e bikes in the Enduro and the Sportive. There will be no age category for e bikes, all ages compete against each other.
The youngest age for competitors is 14 years old for both Events. It is advised that under 16 year olds are accompanied by an adult.
This is a physical and technically demanding course. Please ensure you are fit enough to ride hills for four hours plus. If you’re unsure, consider the e-bike category, and finish with a smile (batteries permitting).
Competitors are welcome to arrive at the Event Field from 1300 Friday. Follow signs from Thirlby, postcode YO7 2DY. All vehicles should arrive via Thirlby not Boltby (see below)
- All campers must prebook on SI Entries when making race entry
- Event site gate locked at midnight; Staff and Officials on site, or ring 07889 751781
- Select your pitch conservatively (lots of campers). Large motorhomes and towed caravans are advised to use Zone B camping (see camping link below)
- Bring your own water (limited supply on site)
- Food and drinks available on Friday through to event finish
- Bar open Friday and Saturday.
- Information board and maps in front of main marquee (Programmes and timings are available on Facebook & here nearer the race date.
- Spectators avoid walking on the stages and select our view point carefully to avoid riders. If unsure ask a Marshall.
- Large motorhomes and caravans to enter via the village of Thirlby and use zone B Campsite
This is not an exhaustive list; If we have missed anything out, ask at registration or ask the appropriate Officials wearing the distinctive yellow bibs nearer the date
Free parking will be available all weekend, we do not envisage that there will be a lack of parking but priority will be given to campers.
Enduro £60 | Sportive £45
- Entries include:
- Information sheet with fully marked map
- Electronic timing
- Rider public liability insurance
- Event Photography
- Mechanical support
- Emergency medical support
- Safety marshals
- Results service
Registration is on the Saturday from 08:00. If you cannot sign in Saturday then Sunday for exceptions.
- You cannot sign for any other rider
- Sunday Race Times 08:30-13:30 Enduro (Waves of 25 riders every ten minutes), 08:00 Sportive (mass start) don’t miss your start time.
- Book in at registration to collect your timing chip 1 hour before your start time.
- Be at the start in front of the marquee for the race briefing 5 min before
- Ensure you activate your chip by riding past the transponder at the start.
- Starting at stages start is self-regulated, but listen in to the starter for coming forward.
- Water fill up at the bottom of stage 3.
- Finish is at the bottom of the last stage.
- Please ride carefully through Boltby village and watch traffic on narrow roads
A Programme will have a map which will be shown on the main notice board at the front of the marquee.
- Course map will be available online closer to the event.
- Practice day only Saturday from 09:00 course closes 16:00 (must display number board to practice).
- Anybody practicing any day or time outside the above will have their entry withdrawn.
Prize categories for the Enduro:
- Male Junior U18
- Male Senior U30
- Male Masters U40
- Male Veterans U50
- Male Grand Veterans 50+
- Female Junior U18
- Female Senior U30
- Female Masters U40
- Female Veterans U40+